Monday, August 27, 2012

Xavier's 50th Birthday Banner

   Hello everyone.  Last week my family celebrated my brother's 50th Birthday and gave him a surprise party.  The expression on his face when he walked in was absolutely priceless.  He was overjoyed and sooo grateful.  This was the first party my brother had ever had, as he became a dad quite young and his whole life became his kids, so being surrounded by family and friends was already the perfect way to spend his birthday.  It was a party full of joy, laughter, surprises, dancing and lots and lots of LOVE!!!  
    I sooo had a fant-a-bu-lous time making these banners for my brother's party.  
    First, I know I wanted to make the pennants nice and big because we were hanging the banners in the backyard.
   Tim Holtz paper stash was perfect for this occasion, because  I wanted the banners to be both masculine and fun.
    Also, Tim Holtz stamp sets had the perfect sentiments.
    To make these I used several carts, but I used my gypsy and everything came together very easily and it's always fun using the G, because you can create as many sheets as you want, no. of copies, change sizes and weld (words/images) all in one project.  Once your done, you just have to cut the images.
    Below I put a small clip of some close up pics of the banners.  


    I love, love, love the way they turned out.  My brother was very happy and grateful.  Nothing beats putting a smile on someone's face and bringing them joy.

   To make the banners, I used the following products:

Tim Holtz - Lost&Found paper stash, TH Grunge Board elements, TH stamps (Life's Possibilities, Regal Flourish and Lost & Found); TH stamp pads (Vintage Photo, Forest Moss, Faded Jean & Black Soot); and TH Die (Jalopy) 
DCWV - Tattered Time paper stack
Colorbok - Metallic paper (Gold, Silver and Black)
Crafty Secrets - Favorite Fellas
Carts
 (1) Phrases (Pennants)
 (2) Boys Will Be Boys (Letters)
 (3) Doodle Charms (Presents)
 (4) Cuttin Up (Party Hats)
 (5) Indie Art (Skulls, Spade)
 (6) Father's Day (Playing Cards, Cola Can, Pool Balls and Toolbox & Tools)
 (7) Everyday Pop-Up cards; (Mug and Mini Banners)
 (8) Bump in the Night (Mustaches); and
 (9) Accent Essentials (Accent Circles)
Embellishments - flat bottle caps, bingo chips (Jenny Bowlin), ghost clock (Heidi Swapp), ribbon (my stash), stickles and glossy accents.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my projects.  Please feel free to leave a comment and/or ask any questions.  I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.
      Be safe, be happy and be inspired. 

1 comment: