Saturday, June 16, 2012

Altered Box - Treasure Box for Isabella

I made this altered box for Isabella Faith (my niece's baby) for her 1st Birthday.  She is an absolute joy and I wanted to make Treasure Box where her mom can store away special memories for her.  
 First, I painted the box with My Studio acrylic paint (Ivory), except for the rim of the lid, which I used (Bright Magenta).  Then I used wooden letters from my stash for "Isabella Faith" and painted them with Folk Art (Metallic Amethyst).  Lastly, on the letters I placed 2 or 3 gold flat back pearls on each letter (Queen&Co.).  Most of the flowers on the lid are from bunches I buy at a local Dollar Tree (I LOVE these flowers).  The butterflies are also from my local Dollar Tree store.  I stamped around the edges using Scrappy Cat swirly stamps with Stazon (Royal Purple) and several pearls as a extra touch on each stamp.  Finally, I used soft lilac tulle and tied like a bow and placed it just below the picture which is matted on a circle punch (EK Success - 2 3/4 ) and put on 1/2" dimensional pop squares.

The paper collections I used are Graphic 45 Little Darlings Collection and DCWV Mariposa.  I punched out circles and flowers using EK Success circle 2 3/4" and flower 3".  I did some distressing Tim Holtz -Victorian Velvet (of course, distressing is almost always a must with my projects..lol).  In some of the circles I matted Little Darling paper and are some I punched out pictures of Isabella and her Mom.  I embellished this side with some more butterflies and pearl strands.  Lastly, I tore away at the upper right hand corner and distressed to get a little peak at the beautiful Mariposa paper underneath.
 On this side of the box I matted pictures of Isabella and her mom and with Fiskars 1" circle punch I punched out images from the Little Darlings paper and adhered to Epiphany Crafts bubble caps .  I embellished with just one butterfly and a dragonfly and beautiful ribbon from my stash I trimmed the bottom of the box.  Lastly, to really appreciate the Mariposa paper, I tore away and distressed on the right hand side of the box.
Finally, on the inside of the box I painted with Bright Magenta acrylic paint, tore and decoupaged Mariposa paper.  I then adhered a clear frame (Princess) over her photo and to the inside of the box.

Making this box for Isabella is more than just a gift to me.  It's a something she will always have that will remind her of me and how much I love her.  

Please feel free to leave a comment and any questions you may on any of the products I used I would be  more than happy to answer.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Another altered box that is amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the flowers, paper and the pictures you captured are too adorable. Arlene nice job.

    ReplyDelete