Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My post is a little late, but really wanted to share my projects, as I had so much fun.  I was asked by my nephew's teacher to create some projects to make with her class.  Needless to say, I was so overjoyed and I could not wait to get started.  As you can see from the picture below, my nephew (Nicholas) is holding one of the projects we did with the class and the other was decorating a gift bag.  

The children had so much fun.   Before I left the class I took a picture of each child and the teacher then helped them to cut and paste them in the center of the heart.
To make the three hearts I used: (1)  Love Struck, Gypsy Wanderings; Indie Art carts and Mother's Day Bouquest for Flower Center frame; and (2) Peachykeen Everyday Faces.
For the gift bags, I prepped baggies with all the supplies for each child. First, I adhered a strip of pink ribbon from my stash to each bag and used the following supplies: (1) one pack Jolee's dimensional sticker flowers; (2) pipe cleaners (red, white and pink) I cut down to size (4 in each bag); (3) die cut coffee cup (5.22 x 3.24) from the Gypsy Wanderings cart; (4) paper - My Mind's Eye Lovenest paper pack; and last I put pop dots on the back edges of the cups to make easier for the children to adhere to bags and tuck in pipe cleaners.
 Also, I made a treat for the children and the teacher.  To make treats for the children I used: (1) MCT Stitched Lollipop Holder die; (2) Sizzlet heart die for the outside; and (3) buttons from my stash.  I cannot believe how easy and fun it was to make these.  I look forward to making much more using MCT Stitched Lollipop Holder die.
 For the teacher's gift I bought a plain heart shaped wooden box and used the following supplies:  I first painted the box with walnut stain paint, then sanded the edges.  I used My Mind's Eye Lovenest paper pack.   I then embossed the paper using a hearts design folder and then covered the front and back of the box.  I trimmed the front of the box with lace trim and pearl strands from my stash.  Then, I die cut a heart using Lovestruck cart (used my Gypsy and made card using this design); I then decorated the heart using dimensional Valentine's Day stickers and made a decorated pin, which I placed in center of stickers.  Lastly, I glittered the handles with Martha Stewart glitter (Carnelian) and stickles (Star Dust) on the edge of the heart and put pop dots.  Before I glued down to box I asked my nephew to write a nice note to his teacher.

Two more pictures below of the treats for the kids.  I know my bows are not soo good, but I did not have twine and used floss.  Hope to make them much neater next time, as I am ordering twine, which make much nicer bows..lol.  
I want send a thanks to Emma of MCT, as her and her DT have been a great inspiration.  I promise to practice and put better pictures also.  I finally, got my tripod and should be doing videos very soon.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  To be crafty is to be happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment